Getting engaged is one of the most exciting times of your life! You’ve met the partner of your dreams, and the promise of a life of adventure together lies ahead. An engagement photo shoot is the perfect way to ensure that you will always remember this special time in your life. It is also the best way to share your unique love story with your family and friends.
Some couples may feel that an engagement shoot is an unnecessary indulgence, but there are many great benefits that will make you so glad you did it!
Firstly, an engagement shoot is likely to be the first time that you and your fiancé have been professionally photographed together. Imagine looking back, once the children have grown and grandbabies have arrived, on your young selves at the very beginning of your adventure together. What a special time to capture!
Also, once wedding fever hits and you are in the midst of wedding preparations, it can be easy to lose connection with each other. An engagement photo shoot is a great opportunity to re-connect with your fiancé and remember how much you love just being together. I recommend that you choose a location for your engagement shoot that is meaningful to you, which will add even more depth to your experience.
Practically speaking, an engagement photo shoot is the perfect opportunity to get to know your wedding photographer, and for them to get to know you. They will experience how you interact together as a couple, what your quirks and preferences are, and will learn how best to help you relax, laugh and enjoy the experience. This will be invaluable on your wedding day!
Similarly, seeing your professional engagement photos will help you to communicate with your photographer about any angles that you don’t love, and the types of photos that you adore. And, if you have your hair and makeup trials done on the same day, you will be able to see how it all looks on camera, giving you great confidence for your wedding day.
There are many amazing uses for your engagement photos, too.
Here are my ten top tips for your engagement photos:
1. Get in early with your engagement photo shoot and use the images for your personalised ‘Save the Dates’.
2. Your images will look amazing on your own wedding website.
3. Adorn the walls of your home with your favourite images, and then build on it with your wedding photos and other family photos as the years go on.
4. Engagement photos make great gifts for your parents.
5. Create a customised guest book or signature wall print for your guests to write their well-wishes on your wedding day.
6. Schedule your hair and makeup trail for the same day and see how it turns out in photos.
7. Get to know your photographer, so on your wedding day your relaxed with each other from the beginning.
8. Include your furbabies. Pets are usually your first babies, so why not include them in the photo shoot.
9. Learn to get comfortable in front of the camera. It’s a great opportunity to get to know what angles work best for you and as a couple.
10. Lastly, make a day of it. It’s the perfect romantic date. Enjoy this time together having your photos taken then head off for a romantic dinner.
MARRY THE ONE YOU LOVE. GET HITCHED WITHOUT A HITCH. TOGETHER WE’LL CAPTURE THE HEART AND SOUL OF YOUR WEDDING DAY.
Hi, My name's Lou O'Brien and I'm a Sunshine Coast wedding photographer. If you want to know more about engagement photos on the Sunshine Coast, schedule a free consultation today by contacting me here, or call me on 0422 932 481.
Download my free guide on What to Wear to an Engagement Photo Shoot.